This year I made new Christmas stockings for my family. I have been planning this project for quite a while and had decided on making quilted stockings. I just love how homey and classic they look. I decided that I wanted them to coordinate but not be exactly the same so I used the same fabric for them all, but different patterns. I'd like to say I took meticulous step by step photos throughout the process, but I worked on them a little bit at a time, over the course of several months, and didn't always think to take photos. I have a newfound appreciation for all the quilters out in the world. It is a lot more challenging than you'd think, and took a lot longer than I'd expected. It was all worth it in the end though, I am in love with these new stockings!
(...and a great big thank you to my two sisters who helped me cut out linings and "think" through the assembly process, and to the sweet lady who used her embroidery machine to put our names on the cuffs for me. I couldn't have done it without you!)
Here's all 8 of them!
...and the stockings were hung..
This is the lining. It took me forever to figure out how to assemble everything so that I wouldn't have any exposed seams. This tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew helped so, so much!
Here is the what the back looks like.